Skip to content

How to Tell If There Is Mold in Your Home

How to Tell If There Is Mold in Your Home

If you’ve been having allergies only when you’re in your home, there’s a good Mold Is In Your Homepossibility that there’s mold growth. Common allergic reactions to mold include a runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing and sore eyes.

Mold Smell

One of the easiest ways to tell if there is mold growing in your home is the smell of mold. If you’ve smelled mold in the past, you probably won’t forget the smell. If you’ve never smelled mold before, mold smells musty and damp. If you smell mold in your home, you’ll want to find where it’s at and remove it.

Mold Growth

Many people mistake small amounts of mold growth for dirt and soot. If you see mold growth in your home, you should contact our restoration company in Long Island, New York, immediately. Mold can spread quickly. If you see mold in your home, conditions are favorable for more mold to grow.

Water Leaks

If you have current or previous water leaks in your home, there’s likely mold growth somewhere. Water leaks provide moisture, and too much moisture can cause mold to form.

Previous Flooding

If your home has ever been flooded, you likely have mold. Mold will likely be growing in places where water remained the longest. The best thing to do after a flood is to contact our restoration company in Long Island, New York.

Mold Is In Your Home


A lot of humidity in your home can cause condensation and water accumulation. A humidity level over 60 percent can cause mold to grow. You’ll want to make sure your home has a humidity level between 30 and 60 percent. Buy a humidity monitor to determine the humidity levels in your home.


Having condensation in your home means that there’s a lot of moisture in the air. If you see condensation, you may have mold in your home. You’ll want to look for mold growth where there’s condensation. If your indoor pipes are rusting, you have a lot of condensation in your home.

Health Issues

Black mold can have adverse health effects as It contains mycotoxins. The top symptoms associated with being exposed to black mold include fatigue, weakness, headache, light sensitivity, poor memory, difficulty concentrating, morning stiffness, joint pain, shortness of breath, sinus congestion, chronic cough, tingling, numbness, and unusual skin sensations. If you or someone in your household have a combination of any of these symptoms, you’ll want to contact our restoration company to inspect your home.

Contact Us

We are a restoration company in Long Island, New York. If your home ever experiences a fire, flood or sewage issue, we’ll come and clean it up for you. We’ll restore your home to the way it was before it was damaged. We have staff available every hour of the day if you experience an emergency. We have over 15 years of experience. Feel free to contact us, and we’ll respond to you as quickly as we can.

Call Now ButtonFree Estimate